COVID-19 UPDATE FROM Martin Orthodontics.
We hope this update finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your oral care and your safety.
Although more people are being vaccinated, we are still taking precautions. As you plan for your visit, please make note of the following to ensure everyone’s care and safety.
- Please brush your teeth before arriving at the office. The brushing station needs to remain closed at this time.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to the office or will be provided a mask upon arrival. Patient masks will be worn other than during their appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask all patients to use upon entry as well as rinse with oral peroxide rinse.
- A Wellness Screening will be performed upon entry that will consist of taking the patient's temperature and answering a few health-related questions.
- Social distancing, whenever possible, will be practiced; this may include limited seating or a closure of our waiting room.
- We ask that only the patient come in for their appointment. If a parent would like to escort their child, then only one parent will be allowed and will also be subject to the full check-in protocol, including wearing a mask.
- All patients/parents must complete a Supplemental Consent to Treat form before being seen. PLEASE CLICK ON THE TWO DOCUMENTS TO THE RIGHT, DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT. A minor patient without a Consent Form and no parent/guardian to complete at the office will have their appointment rescheduled.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for choosing Martin Orthodontics. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to sharing smiles with our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Who knew braces could be this much fun?
Setting your smile straight
Braces aren't what they used to be. These days, they come in plenty of different styles, sizes and colors, and are usually off in a year or so. They’re also easy to care for!
Meet the doctor behind the practice
Dr. Scott Martin is a Wyckoff native, and opened Martin Orthodontics in October 1999. His mission is to provide exceptional orthodontic care to children and adults, and to make sure every patient has a fun and memorable experience while they build a smile to last a lifetime.
Dr. Martin studied chemistry as an undergraduate then continued his education in dental medicine and finished at the top of his class at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey in 1996. Before opening his practice, he completed a three year orthodontic residency at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, NY.
Hear what others are saying about us
"What a great place! As an adult getting braces, I felt a little funny walking in, but the staff was so friendly and accommodating...they made me feel comfortable about my decision. And my smile looks great now!"
"Nobody WANTS to get braces, but I kinda had to. Dr. Martin made it really easy, and he's the coolest dentist I ever met. Thanks!"
"I was able to customize my braces with my school colors, so now every time I smile, I show school pride. GO RAMAPO!"